How to Upload Employee Data via Workday
Syncing Your Employee Data Automatically with Workday
Employee .csv files can be synced via an API with your Workday HRIS. Additional HRIS integrations are coming soon.
To automatically sync with Workday select the Setup HRIS Integration Button.
Then enable the slider within Crosschq and enter the appropriate information such as URL, Username, and Password. Select save changes.
To enable the integration within Workday, follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a custom Workday report
Create a custom JSON report in Workday that has your required fields and includes active and terminated workers.
- The custom report must:
- Include all required fields and includes active and terminated workers.
- Have "web services enabled" so that Crosschq can successfully communicate with the Workday Reports-as-a-Service API.
- Be in JSON format.
- Have a report owner with appropriate permissions to access all demographics that appear in the report.
- At a minimum, include the following fields:
- First Name (firstName)
- Last Name (lastName)
- Email (Email_-_Primary_Work_or_Primary_Home)
- Hire Date (Hire_Date)
- Termination Date (termination_date)
- Termination Reason (Termination_Reason)
- Regrettable termination (termination_regrettable)
- Job Title (Job_Title)
- Termination Primary (termination_primary)
- You can also include:
- Date of Birth (dateOfBirth)
- Marital_Status = Married (Marital_Status___Married)
- Mobile Phone (Mobile_Phone_Number_with_Country_Code)
- Recruiter (Recruiter)
- Division (Division)
- Employee Type (Employee_Type)
- Time Type (Time_Type)
- Pay Rate Type (Pay_Rate_Type)
- Gender (Gender)
- Ethnicity Code (Ethnicity_Code)
Comment start Source (Source)
Step 2: Generate Report Credentials
- Workday report information is pulled into Crosschq in JSON format. The following credentials need to be pulled from your Workday report to successfully initiate the Connector with Crosschq:
- URL in JSON format. Note the end of the URL specifies the report format. Example: https://wd5-impl-services1.workday.com/ccx/service/customreport/exam/12345/Example_Crosschq?format=json
- Username (Connector user name, not email) to access report
- Password to access report
- This process will likely require working with your IT team and/or a Workday technical representative.
Step 3: Add the Connector in Crosschq
- Once you have the report configured, add the Connector in Crosschq by entering the URL of the report, and the username and password used to access the report.