Configure your Crosschq Connector with Lever
Read the sections below to learn more about the steps necessary to connect Crosschq with Lever:
- Connecting to Lever
- Set templates and job tags
- Sending a Crosschq request from Lever
- View a Crosschq report in Lever
- Exporting prospects to Lever
Connecting to Lever
Login to your Crosschq administrator account, then click Organization Settings > Connectors item on the menu. Locate the Lever listing in the main panel, then click the Manage button.
Login to Lever and follow the steps below:
- Access the Lever settings > integrations and API scroll down and find Crosschq in the
Background and reference checks section.
- Enable the connection by clicking the slider.
(To enable the Lever integration for NHA, Crosschq will need access to the confidential data.)
- Click "Generate New Key" and copy the API key. Make sure to save the API key as it's only shown once. Then press "done".
- Next, log in to your Crosschq administrator account, then click Organization Settings > Connectors item in the menu. Locate the Lever listing in the main panel, then click the Manage button.
Click the slider to enable the connector, click "edit parameters" and paste the API key into the Lever API Token field.
- On the Lever Connector page within Crosschq, copy the Lever Webhook URL.
- Go back to the Lever admin page and click the Webhooks tab.
- Click the Candidate Stage Change slider (so that it turns green in color), click + Add Webhook, and then paste the Webhook URL you copied from Crosschq, and be sure to select the Verify the Connection button.
- Go back to Crosschq and copy the Lever Webhook Hired URL.
- Go back to the Lever admin page > Webhooks tab again, scroll down, click the Candidate Hired slider (so that it turns green in color), click + Add Webhook, and then paste the Webhook Hired URL you copied from Crosschq, and be sure to select the Verify the Connection button.
- Next, navigate back to Crosschq, select "edit parameters" and paste the signature tokens created in steps 7 and 9 into the fields as listed below:
- Paste the signature token from the Candidate Stage Change section (step 7) into the Webhook Sign-in Token field.
- Paste the signature token from the Candidate Hired section (step 9) into the Webhook Hire Sign-in Token field.
- Click the Lever Interview Stage drop-down, and choose a stage—such as Reference Check or Crosschq. Then click "Save Changes".
The hiring status webhook automatically updates the hiring status of a candidate in Lever when the candidate is hired in Crosschq.
NOTE: If a candidate is not hired, the owner of the candidate will receive an email two weeks after Crosschq is complete that prompts the owner to indicate if the candidate was hired or not. When the owner responds to this email message, the status will update in both Crosschq and Lever.
Within Crosschq, go to Organization Settings > Templates. Select Create New Template.
Enter the required information such as template name, add in an ATS Tag for that template and create a description of the template.
Within the Request Settings, add in the position, select the appropriate survey, and configure the number/type of references you want to be associated with this request. Please note, the relationship type can either be specified or you can select any relationship type and let the candidate determine the type of reference. Additionally, you can add customized notes to each specific reference request, i.e. "Please provide a manager reference from X company."
From there, add in optional hiring manager information. Finally, you can create custom emails or text messages associated with each template by filling out the custom notifications section. When you are done, select Create Template.
At any point, if you need to edit or delete a template select the three dots next to the template and you can manage from there.
Back in the Lever admin facility, it's important to ensure that any job that you create contains the same tag—so that the template will match the job. In the figure below, you can see where to add the tag. Please note tags should be all lowercase.
Sending a Crosschq reference request from Lever
Follow these steps to send a Crosschq reference request from Lever:Choose a candidate that is currently applying for a specific job.
Ensure that the tag(s) for the job match the tags of the default template that you've chosen in Crosschq.
When you're ready to initiate the Crosschq reference request, go to the candidate page in Lever.
Choose Crosschq from the stage drop-down menu. This will automatically initiate the Crosschq request.
View a Crosschq report from within Lever
To view a Crosschq reference report in Lever, go to a candidate page. Along the right side, you'll find a link to the Crosschq report (see the figure below). Click this link to open another page from which you can review the Crosschq report.
Additionally, the recruiter will get a notification in the notes section of the candidate's profile in Lever when the request is completed with a link to the report.
Exporting prospects to Lever
You can control how to export prospect data from Crosschq to Lever. On the Lever connection page in Crosschq, locate these two slider buttons:
- Export Prospects from Crosschq to Lever — export all existing prospects from Crosschq to Lever
- Automatically Export New Prospects to Lever — automatically export any future prospect over to Lever.
You can enable one or both of these settings.