Configure your Crosschq Connector with Lever
Read the sections below to learn more about the steps necessary to connect Crosschq with Lever:
- Connecting Lever and Crosschq
- Set defaults and job tags
- Enabling the Hiring Status Webhook
- Sending a Crosschq request from Lever
- View a Crosschq report in Lever
- Connect prospect ingestion with Lever
Connecting to the Lever platform
Begin by logging in to your Crosschq administrator account, then click Organization Settings > Connections item in the menu. Locate the Lever listing in the main panel, then click the Manage button.
Login to Lever and do the following:
- In the Lever marketplace, find Crosschq.
- Enable the connection by clicking the slider.
(In order to enable the Lever integration for NHA, Crosschq will need access to the confidential data.)
- Copy the API key. Make sure to save the API key as it's only shown once.
- Next, log in to Crosschq and paste the API key into the Lever API Token field.
- Return to the Settings > Connections in the Lever admin facility, and scroll down to the Webhook sign-in token section.
- On the Crosschq connections page, copy the Lever Webhook URL.
- Go back to the Lever admin page and click the Webhooks tab.
- Click the Candidate Stage change slider (so that it turns green in color), click + Add Webhook, and then paste the Webhook URL you copied from Crosschq.
- Then within Crosschq copy, the Lever Webhook Hired URL field.
- In Lever, click on Settings, then click on Connection, click Webhooks, and select Webhooks again.
- Copy the Signature Token below that.
- Navigate back to Crosschq and paste the token within Webhook Sign in Token section
- Return to the Lever connection page in Crosschq, click the Lever Interview Stage drop-down, and choose a stage—such as Reference Check or Crosschq.
- Within Lever, scroll down the page to the Candidate Hired section and click to enable it.
- At the bottom of this section, click the Add webhook link.
- Paste the URL for this new webhook.
- Copy the Signature Token below.
- Navigate back to Crosschq and paste that in the Webhook Hire Sign in Token section.
The hiring status webhook automatically updates the hiring status of a candidate in Lever when the candidate is hired in Crosschq.
NOTE: If a candidate is not hired, the owner of the candidate will receive an email two weeks after Crosschq is complete that prompts the owner to indicate if the candidate was hired or not. When the owner responds to this email message, the status will update in both Crosschq and Lever.
On this page, scroll down to the Templates section. Click the Edit/Create Templates link to create templates to determine the type of references you would like to collect on each type of job requisition. This will then take you to the Templates section of Crosschq where you can build out the desired reference templates for your ATS. Select Create New Template. Enter the required information such as template name, add in an ATS Tag for that template if required, and create a description of the template.
Within the Request Settings section, add in the position, select the appropriate survey, configure the number, and type of references you want to be associated with this request. Please note, the relationship type can either be specified or you can select any relationship type and let the candidate determine the type of reference. Additionally, you can add customized notes to each specific reference-request i.e., "Please provide a manager reference from X company."
From there, add in optional hiring manager information. Finally, you can create custom emails or text messages associated with each template by filling out the custom notifications section. When you are done, select Create Template and this will automatically be linked to your ATS.
At any point, if you need to edit or delete a template select the three dots next to the template and you can manage from there.
Back in the Lever admin facility, it's important to ensure that any job that you create contains the same tag—so that the template will match the job. In the figure below, you can see where to add the tag. Please note tags should be all lower case.
Sending a Crosschq reference request from Lever
Follow these steps to send a Crosschq reference request from Lever:Choose a candidate that is currently applying for a specific job.
Ensure that that tag(s) for the job match the tags of the default template that you've chosen in Crosschq.
When you're ready to initiate the Crosschq reference request, go to the candidate page in Lever.
Choose Crosschq from the stage drop-down menu. This will automatically initiate the Crosschq request.
View a Crosschq report from within Lever
To view a Crosschq reference report in Lever, go to a candidate page. Along the right side, you'll find a link to the Crosschq report (see the figure below). Click this link to open another page from which you can review the Crosschq report.
Additionally, the recruiter will get a notification in the notes section of the candidate's profile in Lever when the request is completed with a link to the report.
Exporting prospects to Lever
You can control how to export prospect data from Crosschq to Lever. On the Lever connection page in Crosschq, locate these two slider buttons:
- Export Prospects from Crosschq to Lever — export all existing prospects from Crosschq to Lever
- Automatically Export New Prospects to Lever — automatically export any future prospect over to Lever.
You can enable one or both of these settings.