How to add, edit and replace references
Adding a reference
Follow these steps to add a reference:
- Locate the request within your candidate locker, access it, and click the Add Reference button.
- Enter the reference's name and contact information, and select continue.
- Next, enter the Company where you worked together, your reference's Job Title(s) when you worked together, your Job Title(s) when you worked together, the Years you worked together, and also why they are a good reference for you.
- Click the Continue button to send the request for this reference. The person you have added will then receive a link to the reference survey.
Adding an old reference
If you have already filled out a reference request within Crosschq in the past and have been asked for a new one, you can reassign your old references' responses to the new request by clicking the Assign Reference button.
Editing a reference
If you need to modify your reference's contact information, follow these steps to edit a reference:
- Click the three vertical dots next to the reference's name and select Edit Reference.
- Change the information you want to edit and select save.
Replacing a reference
If you have added all your references to Crosschq but want to send the reference request to a different person, follow these steps to cancel the old request and add a new one:
- Click the three vertical dots next to the reference's name and select Cancel Reference.
- The reference will then appear within the request as canceled and you will be able to add a new reference.
*Note: You are only able to provide the number of references requested by the potential employer. At this time you are not able to provide additional references unless you ask your potential employer to ask for additional references. If a company asks you for additional references, you will receive another email with a link that will prompt you to do so. Provide the additional information and your work will be all set.